What you put on your body is just as important as what you put into your body. In today’s episode, we’ll be discussing clean beauty and wellness for both mamas and their babies.
We have enlisted guest Natalie Schwartz, creator and founder of The Modern Mamahood and The Modern Mamahood Beauty. We cover all of the reasons why you must pay attention to the products you use on a daily basis and how brands use buzzwords to trick consumers into thinking products are better for them.
Natalie shares the harmful effects that products can have on moms, what the word “fragrance” actually means in the U.S. beauty industry and the efficacy of natural products. We also dive into what clean beauty is and other clean products you can use to lower your toxic exposure.
What’s In This Episode:
- How Natalie got into the clean beauty arena
- What clean beauty is and what it means
- The traditional ingredients that are avoided in clean beauty
- What the word “fragrance” actually means in the beauty industry
- How the U.S. doesn’t adhere to the European beauty standards
- Thinking about the toxic products you’re exposed to daily
- The efficacy of natural products
- What other clean products are available for consumers to lower toxic exposure
- How brands use buzzwords to trick consumers
- Using clean beauty when growing and nurturing a baby
- Clean beauty vs. traditional beauty in regard to fertility
- Using clean products for babies and children
- What to be aware of with diapers and wipes
- Why Natalie started TMM Beauty
- What type of products she carries and what they do
- Running her business while being a mother
- What to look out for at the hair salon
- Where Natalie sees her business going next
About Natalie Schwartz:
Natalie Schwartz created The Modern Mamahood after her son Jack was born. The idea started as a blog where moms could come and pick up a vegan recipe and share in a laugh over the day to day struggles of motherhood… oh ya, and a glass or 2 of wine!
The Modern Mamahood Beauty (tmm beauty) started when Natalie saw the need for moms to get their hands on cleaner and safer products for themselves and their children.
Natalie wanted to create a beauty line that was free from harmful chemicals and that focused on using 100% plant-based oils. The Modern Mamahood Beauty also wanted to make products that a mama could feel confident using during all stages of her motherhood. Whether you’re pregnant, nursing, or have grown children these products were made specifically for you.
All products are used with the highest quality ingredients made in small batches here in the USA. At TMM we strive to source ingredients that are sustainably sourced and certified organic when possible.
Quotes By Natalie About Clean Beauty:
“It’s just the same products you would typically use without the harmful ingredients.”
“If you go to the FDA website and search the term ‘fragrance’, you’ll see that they do not have to list every ingredient in their quote-unquote fragrance.”
“I think people are really becoming so aware of this and it’s a conversation that so many women are having.”
“I think that continued exposure that you’re putting on your body day after day after day – that continues to build. Those chemicals don’t just go onto your skin and then leave when you wash it. What you put into your body is absorbed into your bloodstream within 90 seconds.”