Are you looking for natural ways to boost your fertility?
If so, we’ve got just the episode for you! In this episode, we had Liz Shaw, Founder of Shaw Simple Swaps, registered dietitian nutritionist and certified personal trainer.
Liz shares with us the role that our nutrition plays in our fertility and how you can help support your fertility and overall health with simple nutritional changes! She shares why she loves the Mediterranean diet for aspiring and postpartum mamas and how good nutrition can support you through an IVF journey.
She shares so much incredible advice in our conversation around avoiding toxins, postpartum nutrition and using supplements to support both you and your partner’s fertility!
WHAT’S IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Liz’s career has shifted due to motherhood
- Why you shouldn’t belittle your journey
- How she dove into nutrition when she was having fertility issues
- Her personal experience with nutrition and fertility
- Her “build your own” hack
- What the Mediterranean diet is like and what options you have
- How nutrition supports you through IVF
- How to give yourself more leeway from everyday toxins you come into contact with
- Liz’s tips on implementing supplements for men and women
- Why nutrition is important for postpartum
- Why Liz is passionate about secondary infertility
- What her Bumps to Baby blog focus on
- What Liz is working on creating next
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- Connect with Liz:
- Fertility Foods: 100+ Recipes to Nourish Your Body While Trying to Conceive
- The Stress-Free IVF Nutrition Guide
- Bumps to Baby
- Instant Pot Cookbook For Dummies
- Air Fryer Cookbook For Dummies
MORE ABOUT THE FOUNDER OF SHAW SIMPLE SWAPS:
I’m Elizabeth Shaw (But please call me liz.) I’m a wife and mom to my two most favorite people on the planet, mr. CEO and hayden
I’m also a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified personal trainer. I have a masters in dietetics, a graduate certificate in eating disorders and obesity, and am certified as a lifestyle, eating and performance therapist.
OUR FAVORITE QUOTES FROM LIZ SHAW:
“Any time in waiting is a hard time.”
“Never belittle your journey because everyone’s journey is hard!”
“Nutrition is taking care of your body now so you can be there for your child.”
“Mom guilt is so real and it doesn’t matter what stage or journey we’re on.”