Are you setting an example for your children that they should do work that they love?
Today’s guest is Katya Libin, CEO and co-founder of Hey Mama, a community for mothers. Katya started her business with a friend and another past guest of Generation.Mom, Amri Kibbler.
In this episode, we talk about leading by example and showing our children that work should be something that brings you joy and fulfillment rather than something you “have” to do.
We dive into her experience of running Hey Mama with Amri including what it was like raising capital for her business, what she’s learned from bootstrapping her company for 4+ years and her experience of running a business as a single mom.
WHAT’S IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Katya’s life and career has transitioned due to motherhood and how her daughter inspired her to start her business
- Why she created a community-based platform and how it’s helped Katya with being a single mother
- The advantages of running her business as a single mom
- Setting an example for your children that work should be something that brings you joy and fulfillment
- Katya’s experience with raising capital and crowdfunding for HeyMama
- Navigating the ups and downs of building a business to make the best decisions for your team, family and company
- What it’s like to be apart of the Hey Mama community
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED FROM KATYA LIBIN OF HEY MAMA:
- I Fund Women
- Amri’s Episode on Cultivating Community Within Motherhood
- Membership Application for Hey Mama (USE THIS LINK & DISCOUNT CODE: GMOM for $50 off)
MORE ABOUT THE CO-FOUNDER & CEO OF HEY MAMA:
As Co-Founder & CEO, Katya spearheads the growth of HeyMama and the mission of advancing moms in the workforce. She has led the business from inception to its current reach which has brought HeyMama to 7 cities, with members across the globe.
Since the brand launched in 2014, she has fostered connection and community for working mothers, rapidly expanding a platform that provides support and resources to a demographic that for too long has been overlooked.
When she’s not working, she’s rock climbing with her daughter, Liliana and crafting the perfect EDM Spotify playlist.
OUR FAVORITE QUOTES FROM KATYA LIBIN:
“When you bring amazing women together, they’ll naturally find a way to support, collaborate and connect with each other.”
“If you’re ready to do something you’re really passionate about that you think should exist – know it’s going to be hard but it will be fulfilling.”
“Building a business is like motherhood, it’s the hardest job in the world but you wouldn’t sacrifice it for anything else.”