On today’s episode, we are talking about creating a deeper meaning to motherhood and your life as a mama. It can be challenging as a mom to put yourself before your family, but sometimes that’s exactly what we need. We brought on an expert guest, Jenny Blossom, to help us understand how to simplify motherhood and the ups and downs that go along with raising a family. Jenny is the founder of Blossoming Mommy & Baby, which helps busy mamas live healthier lives and navigate modern homemaking. You will hear practical advice on how to find the best version of yourself as a mom and be able to identify and maneuver the daily challenges of motherhood.
What’s In This Episode:
- Bringing further meaning to your life as a mama
- How Jenny built a brand about motherhood before being a mom herself
- How being at rock bottom led Jenny to start her own business
- The transition to being a mom and a business owner
- Her 3 tips for mamas looking to find more meaning in motherhood
- Zoning out your motherhood tasks and batching your errands
- How Jenny’s life experiences shaped her into living a meaningful motherhood
- Becoming a victor rather than being a victim
- Quick, healthy meals for your family
- Ending the comparison game and focusing in on being present for your family
- What Jenny is most excited about for her business and motherhood
I grew up in a small fishing town just south of Anchorage, Alaska and after 7.5 years of college, grad school, and becoming a Doctor of Occupational Therapy, I returned back to my hometown with my husband Brian, our son Brody, and yellow lab Tucker. I LOOOOVE living a slow, simple, country inspired life, with a good cup of coffee, and a LOOOONG Target run. My favorite season is winter and I thrive on slow weekends filled cozy meals, trail runs, good movies, and family time!
I am now at a place personally and professionally where I truly believe God has equipped me to help Modern Mommas like yourself develop the tools and skills to create a meaningful motherhood. For years I struggled with eating disorders, panic and anxiety attacks, infertility, and postpartum anxiety. Through my valleys, I had no choice but to continue moving forward and in doing so, I discovered the tools to cultivate a gentle and nourishing approach to life and momma-hood.
Connect with Jenny:
“We all think we know what motherhood is like and then we become moms.” – Jenny Blossom
“Figuring out what lights you up as a human being, and pouring into that is so important to keeping your passion for motherhood and life in general.” – Jenny Blossom
“Pick an area that you’re struggling with most and learn to master that.” – Jenny Blossom
“Who I am now as a person has been shaped from what I’ve walked through.” – Jenny Blossom
“There is something so valuable about gathering together as a family.” – Jenny Blossom
“Do not get lost in the journey.” – Jenny Blossom
Generation.Mom is a community where you can share without judgment or critique, and we’d love for you to share your thoughts and find a friend to hold you accountable! Find us at: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram