Has motherhood inspired you to go for your dreams? It did for our guest Rachel Miriam, founder of Rachel Miriam Designs.
Rachel used the power of motherhood, mindset and manifestation to build the successful business of her dreams.
Rachel is the product designer and mompreneur, who created Rachel Miriam Designs. A luxury personalization product company that creates curated collections with celebrities, influencers and female leaders to support incredible non-profit organizations.
She shares how motherhood inspired her to start a business, how she has learned to persevere past obstacles and adversity and how she uses manifestation to help make things a reality in her life.
WHAT’S IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why Rachel decided to start her company after her son was born
- Not wanting to take a traditional job and how her family felt about her dreams
- DMing celebrities and how this has helped to grow her brand.
- Deciding to pair collections with non-profits and why this has helped fuel her brand’s success
- Why it’s important to put a meaning behind the products you create
- Having non-profits and celebrities reaching out to her for collaborations
- Investing in an industrial machine rather than outsourcing to a fulfillment center
- Hiring her first employee without knowing if she was ready but believing she could make it work
- How deciding to hire increased her business’ sales and productivity
- How Rachel feels about perseverance and the silent struggles you go through as a business owner
- Dealing with sadness and depression from having family issues growing up
- Vowing to never live without happiness again and why she has decided to do one thing each day to bring happiness to her life
- The book that transformed her life and how this made Rachel change how she lived her life
- Hiding her background and the fact that she came from nothing
- Making the choice to believe in yourself and arming yourself with what makes you feel ambitious
- Hiring coaches before she could afford it and figuring it out along the way
- Taking back control and making the day she wants to live
- Boobytrapping your journey with ammunition that will make you believe in yourself
- Learning early on that material possessions don’t make you worthy
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED:
MORE ABOUT THE FOUNDER OF RACHEL MIRIAM DESIGNS:
Rachel Miriam, a Los Angeles native, is a true creative powerhouse and self-taught craftsman.
An expert embroiderer, Rachel Miriam launched a luxury personalization company in 2015 that merges one-of-a-kind thread colors, fonts, monograms and designs with sophisticated style while giving back to local and global communities.
Rachel Miriam’s concept pairs limited edition curated collections with associated non-profits, bridging an intense passion for social responsibility and innovative personalization.
OUR FAVORITE QUOTES FROM RACHEL MIRIAM:
“I am literally believing in myself to the point where I’m believing I am who I want to be not who I currently am.”
“I knew the money would come, I knew the sales would come, I knew the support would come. If it wasn’t there yet, I just had to have faith.”
“Every mountain I climb arms me with the ammunition to conquer the next one faster.”
“Make yourself rich inside. Make love a priority. Make happiness a priority. Make joy a priority. People can’t take that away.”