Shannon Tripp is here to help with the fear that goes along with the thought of a medical emergency for your little one.
For most moms, the answer is without a doubt yes. That’s why we wanted to bring on today’s guest, Shannon Tripp. Shannon is a pediatric ER nurse, birth coach and the founder of a course for mommas called, “Mastering Medical Emergencies for Moms”.
We talk about leaning into your intuition as a mama, how to know when you should or shouldn’t take your kids in for emergency care, why education is so powerful and how to help educate others who care for your children on what to do in emergency situations.
She shares tips for keeping your kids safe at home, why she decided to move her family to Hawaii and why she’s so passionate about empowering other moms with this education for their families.
WHAT’S IN THIS EPISODE:
- Her career and background and how this transitioned due to motherhood
- How her career as a nurse made her want to help other moms
- Why education is so important to know what to do in emergencies
- How to know if a fever is an emergency for your child
- Following your intuition when deciding whether or not to go to the doctor
- How parents can make sure their children are safe even when they’re under someone else’s care
- How to know when to pause and call for medical emergency responders
- Techniques and tips for keeping your kids safe at home
- Tapping into your intuition as a mother
- What her community has taught her about motherhood
- The course she’s built for helping moms recognize and take care of medical emergencies
- What’s next for Shannon and her upcoming passion projects
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED FROM SHANNON TRIP:
Connect with Shannon:
MORE ABOUT THE FOUNDER OF MASTERING MEDICAL EMERGENCIES FOR MOMS:
Hi, I’m Shannon – a mom to four and a pediatric ER nurse of ten years. My experience within the walls of my home and the hospital has gifted me a unique perspective that truly changed my life. My sincere desire is to bless you with the education I have found from a beautiful balance between modern medicine and holistic health.
I hope you can feel confident caring for your sick kiddos and recognizing emergencies. Thank you for being here, it says a lot about you as a mama.
OUR FAVORITE QUOTES FROM SHANNON TRIPP:
“There are so many things you can do at home before taking them to the doctor. There are specific red flags to take them to the doctor.”
“We just need to do our best and our best is always going to be enough.”
“I hope that all moms believe that we are not given a handbook because it’s not a one size fits all.”
“Our gift as mothers is that we were given this divine intuition to lead our children and how I lead my children is different from how you lead your children.”
“If it doesn’t feel good to you then don’t do it.”