It’s time to shift your time management thinking from “I don’t have time for that,” to “this is just not a priority for me.”
Today we brought on Marisa Lonic, founder of Mama Work It and author of Time Momagement. Marissa loves helping other mamas find the time they need to do want they want.
You’ll hear why multitasking can be self-sabotage if you’re not doing it right. She also shares how you can use time journaling to make sure you are making time for what truly matters.
We discuss why moms need a tribe of support, how to identify areas where you can improve your own time management and the 4 most common words that moms say when it comes to time management.
WHAT’S IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Marissa’s career has transitioned due to motherhood
- Why self-care needs to be a priority for moms
- How self-care will make you a better mom
- Having a plan set in place on how you want to spend free time
- Using your time to do activities that fuel you rather than indulging in time wasters
- Identifying areas where you can improve your time management
- How multitasking affects us both long term and short term
- What Marissa does to time block her schedule
- How to stick to keeping yourself accountable for your plans
- Her advice for reprioritizing when you feel overwhelmed
- The 4 most common words that moms say when it comes to time management
- Swapping your verbiage for how you talk about time
- Realizing where your priorities are
- Why you need a tribe of support as a mom
- Learning to communicate your needs with your partner
- Outsourcing pain points in your life where possible
- Putting your mind to what you want to do
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- Connect with Marissa:
MORE ABOUT THE FOUNDER OF MAMA WORK IT:
Marisa Volpe Lonic is the founder of Mama Work It. She is a NY native, CA resident and former world traveler (pre-kids). She’s a thirty-something woman with 6 years of mama experience, 9 years of accomplished wifing and 13 years of workin’ it-corporate style.
When she’s not kickin’ it with the 4 men she shares her house with, you can find her taking photos (usually of those 4 men), running…ok walking with a tiny bit of running, and cooking.
She dreams big, works hard, and tries her damnedest to be grateful every day.
OUR FAVORITE QUOTES FROM MARISSA LONIC:
“It sets the right example for your kids. By you taking care of you, it shows them how to take care of them.”
“Choose one daily time management goal, one weekly thing and one annual thing.”
“Saying you don’t have time is total crap, it’s not true. It’s just that you’re not making the time.”
“If your village is stressing you out, you need to move or find a new one.”
“If there’s a pain point in your life that you can outsource, do it – and don’t feel guilty about it.”