When faced with a difficult loss, or sometimes when you’re just navigating through life – it can be a challenge to focus on celebrating the little wins. Today’s guest, Shiloh Caffrey, founder of We Drink Bubbles saw a need for learning to celebrate the small things.
Shiloh’s idea for celebrating these moments was what inspired her to start her business. We Drink Bubbles is an online subscription service and retail boutique that focuses on bringing customers clean bubbles with good ingredients from family-run wineries.
We dive into her experience of losing a family member and how this changed their perspective for life as a family.
She shares why her family moved abroad and how this impacted her as a mother and entrepreneur.
Shiloh gives us insight on why you should focus on the good in life, how to pull the trigger when you’re looking to pivot in your life or career all while ensuring you are filled with joy.
WHAT’S IN THIS EPISODE:
- Transitioning from a teacher to a business owner
- Building a foundation as a family before starting her business
- Moving to Italy for a fresh start and in honor of her mother-in-law
- How the experience of moving abroad impacted her as a mom and entrepreneur
- Her first experiences of wine abroad and why this made her start We Drink Bubbles
- How her business has helped her to grow in areas that she didn’t …..
- Incorporating her slogan into your daily life and celebrating the little victories
- Focusing on the good in life and the small moments
- Shiloh’s advice for pivoting your life or career to bring more joy into your everyday
- Pulling the trigger on making a pivot and being confident in the choices you make
- Shiloh’s experience with making pivots and how her family and friends reacted
- How you can figure out what brings you joy and focus on that in the hard moments
- Allowing yourself the time to heal and experience the pain through losses
- Why you need to honor your boundaries and time management commitments
- Not letting responsibilities of entrepreneurship cloud the joys
- Prioritizing your family and creating a business schedule around that
- Bringing better quality champagne to consumers from family-run wineries
- Establishing relationships with different wineries
- How her subscription model works and how it benefits the customer
- Take in the precious moments and slowing down to appreciate time with loved ones
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- The Family Board Meeting: Is Business Success Hurting Your Family?
- Is It Bedtime Yet?
- Code GENERATIONMOM for 15% off sitewide.
CONNECT WITH SHILOH:
MORE ABOUT THE FOUNDER OF WE DRINK BUBBLES:
In August of 2016, Shiloh Caffrey packed up her family and moved to Montone, Italy to escape the rat race of the American culture. She was surprised by the abundance of incredible yet inexpensive champagnes and sparkling wines. After soaking up this live in the moment lifestyle and being spoiled with heaps of quality bubbles, she knew there was no going back.
After returning home to Encinitas, CA she found herself quitting her job as a teacher and followed her newfound dream of sourcing all rare and boutiques sparkling wines and champagnes from around the world, and created the “We Drink Bubbles, Bubbles Club”, bringing the best bubbles to your doorstep.
Shiloh’s motto is “Life’s Worth Celebrating” and better said, “We’re Worth Celebrating.”
OUR FAVORITE QUOTES FROM SHILOH CAFFERY:
“We decided to savor family life because you’re not really promised tomorrow.”
“Being a business owner has taught me so much about myself in areas where being a mom, teacher and a wife couldn’t – and I was good at those things.”
“The whole culture behind We Drink Bubbles is that you don’t put a bottle of champagne in the fridge for a house sale, graduation or birthday. You can celebrate this week, you can celebrate that you’ve made it another day sometimes.”